Friday, September 11, 2015

Twitter Chats and Genius Time

Through the use of Tweetdeck and Twitter, our class was able to participate in a Twitter chat which is basically a a conversation on Twitter using a specific hashtag focused on a discussion with questions and people can give their input by answering the questions. I was a lot of fun and taught me that Twitter is more than a way for people to tell everyone what they're doing. If I were to moderate a Twitter chat, I would have the chat about how people act positively in the community. I would give me a way to directly ask the people questions for my project. I would choose this specifically because My project is about how I can spread joy and happiness and if there is a way for me to see directly what makes people happy, I would do everything to try to accomplish it.
For my passion project, I've also decided to follow the Twitter chat under the #CaringChat hashtag because I feel that to be happy, one must first care. Getting a lot of input from different people on the internet will help me solidify my main projects product. By using a lot of different Twitter chats for my project, I am able to get much more input from people than if I were only using one chat for my project. 
I could use this idea and concept of Twitter chats as a way for me to get genius time hours because its a way for me to formulate and make a concept of how the general people think and feel about my topic. Genius hours are dedicated hours of your day dedicated to working on your passion or something your passionate about. It isn't school or work related, its just time for you to do your own work.
Before my teacher taught us about Twitter chats, I thought that Twitter was just a way for people to tell other people about whats going on in their lives. I never thought that Twitter could be used as a way to hold conversations and meeting with people. I now realize why Twitter was made. Twitter was made to get people's messages across a medium where everyone can read and interpret their message. Twitter chats are just an example of how people can get their messages across to many people. I plan to use this to my advantage in gathering information for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment